About the Debug the Myths Road Show
Debugthemyths.com is hitting the road. The giant green RV will be making stops all along the east coast, starting in Tampa, FL and ending in Buffalo, NY. Determined to “Debug” the myths about pesticide and fertilizer product use, each stop will have interactive opportunities for both kids and adults to engage in.
Join us on the road to:
- Star in your very own “Honey, I shrunk the kids” moment by taking a picture in front of a green screen and choosing a “pest’s eye view” background for your image.
- Find out what invasive pest matches your personality by taking our "What Pest Are You?" quiz (and enter to win a $250 Home Depot gift card).
- Have the chance to make your voice heard. Write a letter to tell your local government officials about the benefits of the pesticide and fertilizer products you use at home and about those used in your community.
- Help us with a Community Clean-Up to demonstrate how pest management and plant health products can help protect and beautify green areas.
- Find out where pests might be hiding in your home by taking our virtual house tour to uncover hidden house guests.
You can track the debugthemyths.com RV (the same way you track Santa on Christmas Eve) here. Also, be on the lookout for pictures, videos and updates via Twitter @debugthemyths and new blogs posted throughout the trip on our blog page.
Buffalo, New York (April 9-11): Located on the eastern shores of Lake Erie and at the head of the Niagara River, Buffalo is no doubt one of the most beautiful places in New York. With nearly 1.5 million residents at a central location for tourists from around the nation, Buffalo prides itself on keeping it clean, safe and beautiful. Look for the Debug the Myths RV at Olmsted Parks and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Buffalo.
April 9: Cazenovia Park (Seneca St & Warren Sphan Way) will feature the Debug the Myths RV activities from 2 – 5 p.m. Come join us for offering several fun activities and free giveaways. Get a photo of yourself in a “pest’s world,” take our “What Pest Are You?” personality quiz and enter to win a Home Depot gift card!
April 10: The RV will be parked at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Buffalo (397 Northland) on Saturday from 9 to 11 a.m. as the Debug the Myths team helps beautify the B&G Clubs facility.
April 11: Delaware Park (Park Rd & Jewett Pkwy) will be featured the Debug the Myths RV on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you’re interested in volunteering, contact Kate Torok at 716.842.2222
Albany, New York (April 7-8): The Empire State capitol is “abuzz” with talk of legislation aimed at restricting the use of pest control products in New York schools. The Debug the Myths “swarm” is stopping in Albany to ensure legislators know these products are crucial to ensuring the health and well-being of our children. Watch for the Debug the Myths RV at Empire State Plaza and as we join the Boys and Girls Club of Albany to improve their grounds.
Check out our previous activities in Tampa, FL and White Plains, NY.
April 7: Research shows that children react positively when they have access to well-maintained green spaces, including community parks, athletic fields and playgrounds. RISE will be at the Boys and Girls Club of Albany at 11 a.m. to beautify the grounds around their facility and create a more inviting space for their use and enjoyment.
April 8: Look for the Debug the Myths RV parked at Empire State Plaza, on the Mosaic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Come by and take a picture in a “pest’s world” or take our pest personality quiz and enter to win a Home Depot gift card. Members of the “swarm” will be on hand to answer questions and interact with New York state policy makers and their staff.